Welcome to the Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores trophies guide covering the 18 trophies in the expansion. Once you purchase the expansion, you will receive a new main quest in the game after completing the main questline of the base game. Follow the quest log to the Burning Shores and begin the next adventure.
Refer to the Horizon Forbidden West Trophies Guide for details on the trophies available in the base game.
- Difficulty: 2.5/10
- Time to Completion: 15-20 hours
- Does Difficulty AffectAchievements/Trophies?: No. You can play through the game on Story mode.
- Missable Achievements/Trophies:There is 1 trophy that can be missed: All New Machines Scanned.Horus(the final boss) is only found once in the game. Make sure you scan it at the start of the battle to ensure you don’t miss it. The AI companion will remind you multiple times to scan the machine, even after you complete the scan.
- First, finish the Story quests to unlock access to more side missions and special weapons.
- Next, complete the new relic ruins followed by the side quests and Cauldron Theta.
- Then, focus on the collectibles and conditional kills trophies.
- Finish off with any remaining trophies as needed.
- Scan machines at the start of each encounter. It is a good habit to get in and will help you get all scans in without missing any machines.
- Aim for components that will tear off machines, especially heavy weapons that you can use against them.
- Use flying mounts to travel long distances and fast travel for free between campfires.
- Recommended settings:
- Difficulty: Story
- Concentration Duration: Longer
- Quest Pathfinding: Guided
- Waypoint Pathfinding: Explorer
- Standby Screen Mode: Immediate
- Weapon Wheel Slowdown: Slowest
- Pickup Animations: Off
- Gauntlet Runs Quick Time Events: Auto
- Aim Assist: Strong
- Weapon Quick Swap: On
- Auto Sprint on Mount: On
- Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Door Codes
- Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Pangea Figurines Guide
- Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Aerial Captures Guide
- Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Delver Guide
Discovered the Ascension
Located the missing Quen and discovered Londra’s plan to leave Earth.
Automatic story trophy. This will unlock after exiting the compound during the main quest The Stars in Their Eyes.
Uncovered the truth of Londra’s plans for the Quen and rescued Seyka’s sister.
Automatic story trophy. This will unlock after fighting the Slaughterspine during the main quest For His Amusement.
Defeated Londra and His Horus
Defeated the awakened Horus and put a stop to Londra’s plans.
Automatic story trophy. This will unlock after meeting with Seyka during the final main quest His Final Act.
Aided the Quen
Helped the Quen of Fleet’s End recover priceless knowledge and rescue those held captive.
After the Ascension is stopped, head back to Fleet’s End and talk to Otosu to start the side quest In His Wake. Follow the tasks and complete the quest to unlock the trophy. Make sure you also pickup the component from Pirik’s corpse and upgrade your Specter Gauntlet at a workbench for the Specter Gauntlet Upgraded trophy.
All quests Completed
Completed all main and side quests in the Burning Shores.
Finish all quests included in the Burning Shores expansion to unlock this trophy. The quests include:
- Main Quests
- To The Burning Shores
- Heaven and Earth
- The Stars in Their Eyes
- For His Amusement
- His Final Act
- Side Quests
- The Splinter Within
- In His Wake (unlocked after the Ascension)
- A Friend in the Dark (unlocked at Murmuring Hollow Relic Ruins)
All New Skills Learned
Learned all new skills in the Burning Shores.
Purchase each of the new skills and fully max out each new valor at the bottom of the skill trees. This can be earned from the beginning of the expansion by going into the skills menu and pressing the Menu button to Reset Skills. Then, only purchase skills that quickly get you to the bottom of each tree. Finally, purchase the 2 new skills on the tree and fully upgrade the new valor. Repeat the process for all 6 trees spending roughly 174 points and the trophy will unlock.
Reached Level 60
Reached player level 60.
If you start the expansion at level 50 and are working on unlocking all trophies, you will attain level 60 naturally. By the time you finish the main questline in the expansion, you should be level 56 or 57. Completing the remaining side quests, cauldron, and collectibles will easily finish this trophy off.
Completed the Dino Digits Quiz
Recovered all Pangea Figurines and completed the Dino Digits quiz.
Each of the 5 toy stores around the map contain a clue leading to the location of a Pangea Figurine. Follow the clues not far from the stores to collect the figurines. Then, return to Pangea Park in the east to answer 5 quiz questions based on the information on each of the figurines.
Refer to the Horizon Burning Shores Pangea Figurines Guide for details.
Recovered the Delvers’ Trove
Recovered all Delver Trinkets and unearthed their trove.
Check the Horizon Burning Shores Delver Guide for details.
Recovered All Aerial Captures
Discovered and completed all Aerial Captures.
Refer to the Horizon Burning Shores Aerial Captures Guide for details.
Used Brimshine to purchase 1 outfit and 1 weapon.
Collect 16 of the Brimshine around the map (they emit a distinct sound and some nodes contain multiple pieces) and trade 8 in each for an outfit and a weapon at Fleet’s End.
All New Machines Scanned
Encountered and Focus scanned every new machine in the Burning Shores.
This trophy can be missed if you fail to scan Horus during the final battle.
Scan the 4 new machines included in the expansion. If you miss any, check the map for machine sites.
- Bilegut: First encountered during the main quest To the Burning Shores, machine site southeast of Fleet’s End.
- Stingspawn: First encountered during the main quest To the Burning Shores, found near Bilegut machines.
- Waterwing: First encountered during the main quest For His Amusement, machine site in the south.
- Horus: Scan the final boss during the main quest His Final Act.
Equipped an Elite Coil or Weave
Equipped an eliete coil on a weapon or an elite weave on an outfit.
After finding or purchasing an elite/legendary (orange) coil or weave, go into your inventory menu and select either a weapon or outfit. Next, press Square to edit the coils/weaves. Then, choose one of the unlocked slots and press X to bring up the coil/weave inventory. Finally, choose one of the legendary items to place in the slot and the trophy will pop.
Specter Gauntlet Upgraded
Fully upgraded the Specter Gauntlet.
After the Ascension is stopped, head back to Fleet’s End and talk to Otosu to start the side quest In His Wake. Follow the tasks and complete the quest to unlock the trophy. Make sure you also pickup the component from Pirik’s corpse and upgrade your Specter Gauntlet at a workbench to complete this trophy.
Used Grapple Strike on Machines
Used Grapple Strike on 5 unique machines.
Purchase Machine Grapple Strike and Knockdown Shot from the Hunter Tree. Next, equip a Hunter Bow and the Knockdown Shot Technique (D-Pad Left/Right while holding L1 on a Hunter Bow) and go to an area with low level machines, like the Chargers northwest of the base in the original game. Then, aim and fire with R1 to knock the machine down. Once the machine drops, jump and press X again in the air followed by R1 when prompted for the strike. Repeat the process 5 times on different types of machines for the trophy to unlock.
Killed Machines While Gliding
Killed 5 machines with the Specter Gauntlet while gliding.
Once you have the Specter Gauntlet unlocked and purchased Glide Targeting (Hunter Tree), fast travel back to your base and fly over to the 2 Charger Mount Sites northwest of it. Then, equip the Specter Gauntlet (make sure you craft ammo if you’re low) and call your flying mount. Get some height (R1) then dismount (Square) and glide (hold Square). While gliding, aim and fire the gauntlet at Chargers. Call your mount again if you have more machines left at the site.
Killed Bileguts and Stingspawn
Killed 5 Bileguts and 50 Stingspawn.
This should unlock if you are working on all trophies naturally. If not, fast travel to and from campfires near Bilegut Sites (1 northeast and 1 southeast of Fleet’s End) to hunt both types.
Cauldron THETA Core Overridden
Reached the Core of Cauldron THETA and accessed its information.
Enter Cauldron THETA through the lava cave northeast of the main entrance in the far east. Inside the cauldron, shoot cool water canisters onto lava flows to create steam that you can ride while gliding (jump then hold Square). After defeating the final Bilegut boss and overriding the core, the trophy will unlock.
That’s it for the Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores trophies guide. Please post any questions or comments below. Thanks.